CAREERS AT SYNQ
In our early years, our focus was on engineering hardware and software technology the retail world deeply needs to thrive in the 21st century. And along the way, we realized we’re onto something big… much bigger that we ever envisioned.
To accomplish what’s within reach, we need more people who are excited to be part of a high-growth company building visionary products that touch the lives of millions of end users.
We’re a technology company; our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain amazing people, and empower them with the tools they need to do great things.
Yes, you could go to a large tech company, and there are many options. So why a small company like us?
1. We’re less risky than a typical startup–we have proven products that we now need to connect and scale.
2. You’ll have an opportunity to make an outsized impact, and if you’re talented, the opportunity for rapid career growth and financial/equity upside is amazing.
3. We’re good people, and we have integrity (though on the downside, we might not end up making as much money as we could, because we want to be a force for good in the world when it comes to things like never exploiting the type of consumer privacy we want to see in the world).
4. We’re not afraid of taking chances on high-potential individuals just waiting to be discovered.
5. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as equity options for many roles.
6. As long as you do your job, we don’t care if you work from home. But when you do come in, we offer limitless free parking (we scored office space that used to be a Toyota car dealership!).
We are based in Victoria, British Columbia. We perform all of our research, development, and manufacturing in house.
INTERNSHIPS & CO-OP
Bottom line, we’re a diverse, flexible workplace and our goal is to provide exceptional growth opportunities (in every sense of the word) for talented people.
Indeed, we think we embody the sweet spot that many are seeking; a sufficiently-established company with established momentum coupled with the fact we’re on track to scale our impact in big ways.
If this sounds interesting, we’d love to hear from you. Though we’re always on the hunt for talented people, in particular we’re currently welcoming applications for:
Please email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org